Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Weekend

I know, I know - I've been terrible at blogging lately! Hopefully I'm excused from slacking when I have such an awesome excuse! James and I are super busy getting ready for the little guy to make his big entrance. We managed to squeeze in a little trip over Memorial Day so I just wanted to share some of the fun pictures of our adventure. We took 3 motorcycles and 1 car on a road trip to Vegas. Our first stop once we arrived in Las Vegas was to check out Gold & Silver Pawn. For those of you that aren't addicted to the History Channel, this pawn shop is home to the TV show Pawn Stars. My little brother introduced us to this show last year and we've all become addicted to it!




The last picture was my favorite - they had a piece of toast with Chumlee's face on it! So hilarious!!! After our little pawn experience, we headed to check in at our hotel - The Excalibur. We've lost count of how many times we've visited Vegas because it's always such a blast. We always try to fit in a show and this time we saw Beatles LOVE. The Cirque Du Soleil shows are our favorites - we've now seen LOVE, KA, & O!

The next day we hit the road again to continue our adventure. We drove on the old route 66 to Radiator Springs. Just kidding - Oatman, Arizona. (I couldn't resist the CARS reference. I think of that movie every time I drive on route 66!) Oatman is an old mining town that was abandoned in the early 40's. Everything was abandoned, even their mining donkeys. These donkeys now own the town as the main population. They are literally lining the streets. The townfolk throw a mean shootout every day at high noon which was both fun & super cheesy! After a hearty lunch of burro ears (an Oatman delicacy) we walked the streets and did a little shopping where my dad couldn't resist buying a onesie for our little guy to wear one day soon! (Thanks Grandpa!)











We spent our second night in Las Vegas again and then hit the road to head home. We all had a blast - especially James because this was the first time that he was able to join us for one of our mean biker trips!

3 comments:

Ashley Ann said...

Looks like a blast! Very cute little onsie!

Unknown said...

How much fun! i so need more details about the Gold & Silver Pawn.

Elisa & Josh said...

That's so cool that you got to go to that pawn shop! We love that show too! Did you get to meet any of the guys?