Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's A Boy!

Our sweet pea is finally coming to us! We have been so excited to share this news with everybody - James has literally been begging me to blog about it since last Saturday night! Our little baby boy is due to arrive on July 16th!


Here’s the story: Sweet Amanda found one of our pass-along cards two weeks ago. We started emailing back and forth and we KNEW by day 2 that we already loved her! We anxiously awaited her emails each day and wrote her back as quickly as we could. We went out to dinner last Saturday night and met her for the first time. We were super nervous that she would meet us and think we were total dorks (cause we are!!!), but as soon as she walked in, our nerves were put to rest and we immediately fell in love with her. It was an amazing night and we will never forget it! We left that dinner filled with so much hope and we have literally been smiling ever since!


She invited us to go with her to her doctor’s appointment this past Thursday where we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. AMAZING!!! It’s crazy that in such a short amount of time, we have fallen in love with both Amanda and our little baby!



Mother’s Day is tomorrow and every year since James and I have been married it has been a really tough day for me. This year Mother’s Day is one for the books! Amanda sent me a text this afternoon asking if we could meet somewhere because she had something to drop off. I was suspecting that she had some more ultrasound pictures to give us, but I was totally surprised to find out that she had a Mother’s Day gift for me. She gave me a beautiful Willow Tree statue of a mother holding a baby. I will treasure this gift FOREVER! It means the world to me, especially because it came from Amanda! James and I feel so honored that she has chosen us to be the parents of her child!!! We love you Amanda!


30 comments:

Allison said...

There just aren't words:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley Ann said...

So exciting! She sounds so sweet & he already looks like such a cutie! I can't wait to meet him this summer!

Isaac and Dallas said...

We are so excited for you guys. You two will be great parents. He will be one lucky kid. Also thanks to Amanda for in trusting you with this special baby boy. happy mothers day.

Walter Family said...

Congratulations!!! That is so amazing! We are so happy for you guys! And Happy Mother's Day, Heather! How exciting!!!

OLIVERSONFAM said...

This just made my Mother's Day!!
I started CRYING like a baby in pure excitement!
Amanda is LuCKY to have found you! This baby will have the most amazing parents!
HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to you and Amanda!

Tarina said...

Wow, congratulations. I am so happy for you. There's nothing like being a parent and I know you both will do a great job.

Kara said...

We are SO excited for you guys!! You will be such amazing parents!!! What a wonderful gift for the both of you! Amanda seems like an amazing girl and how lucky for the both of you to have such a great relationship already with each other!!! We can't wait to meet this baby boy!!!

Tristy said...

Oh my gosh as soon as I saw this I started tearing up! I am so excited for you guys! I knew you would get a baby one day! I can't wait for you to meet your little guy and be the great parents I know you will be! Happy Mother's day for sure!

Michelle Kelly said...

Congratulations you two!! I was so excited when I read your post, I ran in to tell Dave and he already knew from facebook. I can't wait to meet the little guy, you will be amazing parents to him.

The Dabo's said...

YEAH! I am so excited for you both! AND our babies are going to be so close in age!

tmjrathgeber said...

I am so so so happy for you guys that you have been given this blessing. I'm with Tristy I started crying when I found out you will finally get your chance to be parents. Happy Mothers Day to a wonderful person and Mother to be. Can't wait to meet the handsome boy this summer. Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Heather and James...congratulations..when I heard the news I started crying...you are a wonderful example to all of us for your devotion to each other and other children (nursery)...we are blessed to know you...love Gary and Sue Rasmussen.

Rosie said...

That is so sweet she gave you a mother's day present. Give her big hugs from all of us and Happy Mother's day Heath!

Elisa & Josh said...

I am SO SO happy for you two!!! That is so wonderful! Yay!

Burbs said...

That is wonderful news!

Unknown said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!
We are so excited for you. Enjoy your journey.

The Ross Family said...

Congratulations!!! We're so happy for you guys!!!!!

Bown Fam said...

Oh yay! What great news to get right before mother's day! Congratulations! And happy mothers day!

Annie said...

congrats to you both! how wonderful! i'm not sure if you know me heather, but i think james would remember me! we grew up in the same stake. my husband dan and i are also hoping to adopt. what an adventure. i am very excited for you guys, and for amanda, and your little boy. what a miracle. enjoy the next part of the ride:)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the two of you, I know you will be great parents, and your new baby will know and be shown all the love in the world. You guys deserve this, and I am truly happy for you!

Lezlee Krueger said...

Wonderful news!!!! I am so very grateful for the amazing women who have the strength to do what they feel is best for their/our children, no matter how difficult that may be. I also have a very strong love for my daughter's birth-mother. Once Vanessa asked her about it and she said, "I was like the little messenger girl that God sent; but, instead of bringing your mommy a message I brought her you." I am so happy for you!

Megan Carter said...

Wow, what an incredible story. How exciting to find all this out right before Mother's Day, I bet it made your day extra special! I'm so happy for you guys, you will be awesome parents!

Becca & Jesse said...

Jesse and I are so HAPPY for you! I teared up just reading the title, let alone the post! Congratulations and thank heaven for amazing birth moms!

Ang said...

I am THRILLED for you guys!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of your story. Good luck with everything!

Emily said...

I could NOT be happier for you two!!! How wonderful. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Lanette said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO happy for you both! I was just wondering how things are going, and couldn't find your profile online, so I came to your site and can't stop smiling since I read the good news! Yay!!! Happy Mothers Day, congratulations, and we are so excited for you!!! Amanda is an amazing woman. It's so hard to articulate what incredible women these birth mothers truly are. SO happy for you and your baby BOY!

Shaun said...

congrats!

Angela Jarman said...

James and Heather we are so excited for you both. Your blog gave me chills and of course the tears. You will be amazing parents and that little boy is one lucky dude.

Maria said...

WHOA I'm slow to read this!!! I'm SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! WONDERFUL NEWS! Congratulations again and again!! hooray!!!!! :)

Shannon said...

Amanda is my cousin...and I couldn't be more proud of her...and excited for you...a stranger. What a blessing adoption is! Congrats on Lucas! May you be blessed in the many years to come!